Skip to main content

Oh My Life!

Well friends... I love life! All the happenings thus far are so worth it and I am so happy that I am living in this time. I have done many things over the last little bit that I want to share. For those of you who don't really like the bullet point list blog, I do apologize, I just don't have enough time to blog everyday about what happens.

I am sure most of you are wondering how I spent my last two weeks of summer. Well, sad to say, it went by in the blink of an eye and I did not do a lot, but what I did do, was a perfect way to end my summer! So here goes... I hung out with friends and went on a few dates, I didn't go on any fun trips or anything like that ha ha. I was able to hang out with my best friend Cierra, we went to lunch and talked for hours, it was so great to see her and catch up. I saw Batman, with the girls, for the second time, it was even better the second time! I love my friends, without them, I seriously would not be the person I am today. They bring so much joy into my life!

I went to my family reunion! I love my Kevern family side. We are: wild, red (literally we all come from red heads), loud ha really loud, loving, caring, campers, crazy, rebellious and well Kevern... enough said! I was able to go up the first day and help set up camp. Now, we have lots of family who comes and enjoys the great outdoors, with the pleasure of campers, tents, and all of the good stuff. When we first started doing this, I was quite young, in fact I am not sure how old I really was. I would always follow all of my big cousins around, thinking that is was so cool to be with them. Now that I am part of the "older" crowd, all of my cousin's children follow me around. Weird! I had lots of fun catching up with all of my cousins, around the campfire, until there was none left and it was pretty late, or even around the tables shoving our faces with the delicious dutch oven food that was prepared. You guys should know that my family has the best of the best dutch oven recipes. This is one reason why I love my Kevern Family Reunion. We never are left hungry! Many, many memories are made up here. Playing games, laughing around the campfire, going on nature walks, sitting enjoying nature, the whole nine yards. We even threw in waxing this year! I know I take my family for granted, but I sure do love them. They bring out the best of me. And, I love them with all of my heart. Even the few who were not able to physically be there, I know that one day I will see you again and that Heavenly Father are spoiling you with love. (Kya, Ray, Craig, just to mention a few) I had a blast! I even came home with the sweet scent of camp fire in my hair.


Over the summer, I had many, many friends get married. I was always thrilled to get an invite, although I did not make it to all of them, I want to say congrats to all of my friends! I love going to weddings and seeing all of the cute decorations and feel the happiness and love that is in the atmosphere. One day, one day I will find my guy, and I will be able to feel the flip end of the wedding! Here's to weddings!

I was able to hang out with some of my favorite people, and to be honest, this was the best night of my summer, and probably one of the best in a while! We all met up at All Star Lanes in Sandy (Cierra Bell, Mckenna Bell, Emily Petersen, Corrine Cowdell, Rawly, CalDon, Spencer, Matt, Sierra Nielson, and Josh) Whew! It was a lot of people, but it was a lot of fun! After our bowling escapade, we all drove to the famous and super delicious Leatherbee's in Taylorsville! Yum! I love this place! They really do have the best ice cream and the environment is super fun! After shoving our faces with the ice cream, some of us went back to Emily's house and played Just Dance! Oh my goodness! I am not going to lie, I had the best time and the guys (Spencer and Matt) got way into it! It was the icing on top of the cake to make it the best night. Like I previously mentioned, I have great friends! This was our last shebang before Emily left for Logan, which I am sad about, but no worries, we will skype to keep up on our boy stories!


The following Monday, I started my Junior year in college! Oh my goodness! I am getting so old! Luckily I am getting used to the whole first day of school thing. I love my classes... so far! And the best part is that I get to have three of classes with my sorority sister Tiffany Bond! It sure is great to have someone you know in your classes... all of them in fact! I know that I will be put up to a challenge this semester with all the readings I get to do and the papers/ journals that I get to write. I am so close to being done, I have five semesters left and then reality sets in. I have decided to go back and get my Master's in the same degree, but narrow my studies to one thing instead of something so broad. Here is my schedule: Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have Research Design @ 8:35, Foundations of Health Education @ 9:40, and then Program Planning 1 @ 10:45, I am also taking an online Healthy Weight for Life class, and a New Testament class, needless to say I am so so happy for school to be back in session! Here's to being a Ute!

I am also planning a baby shower for Kelsey, my twin. I am lucky to host it with some of her friends, Shalyse and Amber, they are very creative and this will be the first baby shower we all have hosted. So I am pretty excited!

OPERATION SEXY AND I KNOW IT update! Well my legs are getting strong... really strong. I have now put my focus on my arms and core. I love coming to the gym and leaving with sore muscles. It makes me feel like I have accomplished things and that I am actually being productive with my life. My eating habits are getting better as well. Sooner or later, I will feel completely satisfied! Woot Woot this way of healthy living has had a great effect on my whole life and well being. (My recent work outs have been preparing me for this big Zumba event I will be doing on Saturday September 1st! I am super super excited for this!!!!!)

Well that is about all for this post! Love you guys and remember to go forth and do!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So