Skip to main content

The lovely October

Friends! It is October! I love the season of fall and all of the activities that come with it!
First of all I would like to say what I have been up to this past week, it was a great week, so I would love to share! (It is more like two weeks)

The Monday after the baby shower, I turned in a pretty big part of my paper for my Program design class. I was such a procrastinator for this paper and put if off. At first this paper was hard to write but once I got writing it and started designing my program, it all came together, I can only hope that my professor thinks the same! Yay for papers, well programs!

These past two weeks I was able to go to the Temple a few times. Each time I went, a huge blanket of peace embraced me. I love the feeling when I go there, it is of peace, love, and happiness! I know without a doubt that the gospel is true and that God lives, for not only one of my questions were answered, but all of them. I know that because they were answered so quickly they must be what I need to do. Let me explain. I have always thought about going on a mission. This past Thursday I went pondering that very question of going on a mission, if I needed to. Well Heavenly Father must have heard it because the first speaker of the first session (Pres. Thomas S. Monson) got up and made a historical change in the age of both sister and elder missionaries. I am now old enough to serve! What a blessing to know that I am being watched over! I am so glad I was able to hear it and indulge in the happiness of that news! The gospel is true! I am a Mormon, I know it! I live it! I love it!

On Sat. Sept. 29th my singles stake, put on a Modest Fashion show before the broadcast. I was able to do the make-up for the girls in my ward and help them feel confident to go out on the stage. It was such a fun thing! Everyone who came had a great time, it sure was humbling to see that girls who are not endowed are modest. All the girls who participated looked stunning and proved that modest is hottest! Afterward, we all went into the chapel and enjoyed the Women's Conference. Very Very inspirational!


On Sunday my family got together to celebrate Lindsey's birthday (my oldest sister!). It had been a little bit since all of my family could be together in one room. With my mom's sister and her family and my family, all 15 of us ate dinner and had a wonderful time! It was so great to see! We were loud and full of joy! I just love it when we can all be together!


On October 1, after work I went to a combined FHE with the four wards in my building to a corn maze in West Jordan. It was a lot of fun and my ward is awesome! I went in with some of my favorite people, and cruised through it. I even got hit on the head with an ear of corn, it was super hard and felt like a rock hit the top of my head, love you Kenz! I am so glad I went!


Movies! Movies are so great and there are some really good ones that are now out. On Tues the 2nd, I went with Spencer Shiveley to ParaNorman. Perfect for Halloween time, without the scary parts. It was a cute and funny movie! It was a little different but it had a great story, I enjoyed it and would go see it again. Thanks Spencer! I also saw Pitch Perfect with Colby Walker later in the week! I laughed so so hard! I really liked this movie and this is one that whenever it comes out, I am going to buy. I was dancing along with it and loved the music! It was a perfect way to end a night! Oh movies! Who doesn't love them!

This past week was the last week before my week long fall break. So you all know what that means.... ahh! Midterms. I studied for these as much as I could, when Friday came around, I felt like I was so ready to be done with them. I finished my first one early, and even got fruit snacks, my professor is awesome! The next final, my professor started the midterm 15 minutes early since we all came from the same class before. Well I finished with an hour until my next class. So Amber, Tiffany and myself went on an adventure and got some hot chocolate. It sure was such a great way to end the day. It was a bit chilly outside so having hot chocolate seemed perfect. We went to the cafe in the Marriott Library on the 1st floor... oh my! It was probably the best hot chocolate ever! Such good memories! But... now it is Fall Break, I sure am excited!

Later on Friday, I had a girls night (part 1) with Cierra Bell, and Emily Petersen. Sisterhood reunited! We didn't know what to do,so we saw a scary movie. Yes three girls saw a scary movie, and none of us like them. We saw The House at the End of the Street. It ended up being pretty twisted and way creepy. Yes we all jumped and covered our eyes just like normal girls would. Finally it was over and we still had time before we had to leave. (Yes this movie made me lose hours of sleep because I am such a chicken) So take a guess on what we did! Yup you guessed it! Girl talk for a couple of hours! We mostly talked about boys, ha ha it was way funny but it sure did help! Yay for girl talk!

Saturday, I was able to watch both sessions of General Conference. I was filled with the spirit! I am so grateful that we can hear from the Prophet and Apostles every six months, it sure is a reassurance that the gospel is true! I sure enjoyed every minute of it!

Girls night part 2! Mckenna, Cierra, Emily, and myself all went to Zupas for dinner. It was lots of fun but super crowded with a ton of women! We talked about our upcoming events that we all were going to do to together. The Howl was a big topic. We decided what the plan was and after dinner we decided what we all were going to be. Nerds! Not the candy, but you know actual nerds! We went to Wal-Mart to buy some shirts, and then we went to the mall to get suspenders. Wow I am super excited for this to come! It will be epic and we will be the cutest looking nerds out there. We also were able to talk about Spring Break, I know it's not for a while, but we want to make sure we all get it off and such. Vegas is where we decided to go! Anyway... I love girl nights, I was lucky enough to get two in a row!


My family I know I have said this before, but they are my favorite! I love them I love them I love them! All are my best friends and I know I would not be the same without them. Well that is about it! Remember, to GO FORTH AND DO!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So