Skip to main content

Fall Break 2012

Friends! I had a very fun week! This past week was Fall Break and boy did I enjoy it! I would love to share what I did to try and entertain myself!
I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do for this week, I had made no real big plans and only a few things I was really looking forward to. By the end of the week, I was surprised how much I did and how much fun I had! Then again, there were plenty of times that I should have caught up on homework, but the only thing I did for school was a job shadow and read some of a book. Ready! Set! Fall Break!

Monday: Today I had a doctor's appointment with my new doctor. One thing about getting new insurances is that you have to start all over with doctors and such. It was nice getting to now my new doctor, it was been a while since I have had a woman as a doctor, I like it! My blood pressure was very good! 112/70 woot woot! I feel so great! I also found out that I weigh less than I do than what I have on my driver's license, wow! After that I came home and organized my clothes and shoes. My closet looks so good... for now ha ha give it a few days and it won't be as organized as it is now. (I even got rid of some things, that is quite the progress for me!!)
My wall of fame! Sorry for the bright spot in the middle of the wall!


Tuesday:  I was able to work out, it felt great! After my workout, I taped my bathroom and painted the trim around my bathroom a grey color. Even though I only added one color, and not a lot, it changed my bathroom! I love it! Even though I was super sore from hugging my ceiling and painting it, it turned out so great! Later, in the evening I went on a date with Spencer S! I had a wonderful time! We went to Olive Garden, then dominated Mini-Golf, then went to Oquirrh Lake and wow! It sure is pretty even at night, it was a bit cold, but it was  pretty! Afterward, we watched "A Woman in Black", and to my surprise I did not get too scared! It was a fabulous night!
Don't mind the tape... it looks really good without it!

Wednesday Today, after Kels waxed my eyebrows, we went to U-Swirl and got the best frozen yogurt! We both got pumpkin flavored frozen yogurt, it was a perfect fall treat! We both devoured ours and all of the toppings we chose. It was delicious! After work, I was able to go to Zumba! Oh Zumba I missed you so! It felt so nice to be back and get in the groove. I couldn't stop dancing! My cousin even put on the new Gangham Style dance.... I laughed so hard, that song always makes me want to dance and shake it! It put me in the best mood!
Thursday: Today I was able to do a Job Shadow. I was so excited, it helped me realize I can do great things. I job shadowed my cousin's friend Nicole Edwards at the new University of Utah Clinic in Daybreak. As I was getting to know her and find more about what she did, made me realize that she has the job I want when I get done with school! I know that I am in the right major, and I know that one day I will be able to help others live a healthier life. This is so important to me and knowing that the little things can help in all that I do. I am so grateful that I was able to do this. It was very eye opening but very helpful.

Friday: Today I was able to finally sleep in, a lot! It felt so great! After taking my time getting ready, I went to the doctor's office again... this time to get a shot. I am the biggest fan of them but I was getting it for my new nephew's sake. I got a Pertussis shot (Adult Whopping cough). Since he is being born in the middle of whopping cough season, we don't want to take any risks. I was way nervous, and was shaky. The nurse was very good. It did not hurt at all! I actually didn't feel it at all! One thing though... it made my arm so dead! It wasn't until later that it hurt and I could not lift it at all. Ahhh! It was funny... don't worry Kenton, you are worth it! Today was also a very rainy day. Kels and I were super super bored. So go figure, we went to the craft store!! I got a crochet hook and Kels got yarn and a "K" to decorate for Kenton. I had every intention to crochet a headband for the winter. Ha ha yeah right! I will finish it one day! I had to start over twice, it has been a while since I have done this... I messed up, not quite sure how that happened but it sure did! It was frustrating... four hours later, I decided I needed a break! Friday night I went to The Haunted Forest with some people in my ward. Yes it was pouring rain, but the rain just added a special effect! I had a ton of fun! We all took turns of who was in front and who was in back. Even though I got trampled over a few times, whipped around, and hit in the head, I have never laughed so hard! I think that I laughed more than I jumped. There were parts that made me scream and start running (sometimes I even slipped... thanks to the mud!). Oh boy tonight was awesome! Afterward we all (Ethan Harris, Mackenzie Wallace, Cody Gates, Brian Summers, Emma Harris, and myself)  went to Denny's! I love Denny's! It sure has great food. I only got hot chocolate, but free re-fills... amazing! I had to open the next morning, and I went to bed at 1:15 ish in the morning. A short three hours later, I had to wake up to get ready for work.
Saturday: After a busy busy day at work, I came home and changed and went to The Gluten Free Expo with Kels and my mom. I was super excited to go, because there are so many things that are now gluten free that were not when I was diagnosed with Celiac disease six years ago. When I walked in, I was a bit overwhelmed... there were so many booths that offered samples of gf food. Of course I tried most of the samples. This was my lunch and boy it sure did fill me up. I am so grateful that I was able to find out what was wrong with me six years ago, so that I can now start to get rid of the symptoms. We were all given bags to "fill" ha I didn't think mine would actually be full. It felt like we were all trick-or-treating! We were spoiled with samples, coupons, and tips to better your life. It was such a great experience! I can't wait for next year to come! I know I am already planning on going to it, so don't judge me! After the expo, I took the most amazing nap ever! I finally was able to catch up on my sleep! To finish off the weekend I watched a movie with Spencer S. and played card games.
All of our goodies!! We were lucky and got lots!
 


My Fall break was so great! It was just what I needed to continue on with the rest of the semester. I had such a wonderful time and made many great memories! I love it! So my friends... always remember to GO FORTH AND DO!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So