Skip to main content

Third Trimester has me like...

Hi Family and Friends! I officially have 5 ½ weeks left until the week of my induction. It’s crunch time and it’s kind of intimidating, a tad frightening, but mostly exciting. I really want her here! Just wanted to share some updates with my 3 Trimester.

At the beginning of this trimester, I’ll be honest, I felt AMAZING! I had so much energy, I went to the gym pretty much every day, and I hardly complained about my body image. Well… now being 33 ½ weeks pregnant, things have slightly changed. Let’s back up a bit. Hopefully you don’t mind my humor, but I really am trying to make every day the best day possible, so laughing at it makes me feel better. My first, 3rd trimester appointment included; a TDAP booster shot, baby growth scan, three urine samples, and a doctor’s visit. I will tell you one thing, providing a urine sample at each appointment I go to is so hard, no one ever told me how hard that would be. Luckily I’ve mastered not getting any on my hand (guys seriously are so lucky when it comes to this!). At 27 weeks, baby E was at the 68th percentile and everything looked great! My A1c came back at 5.7, which is the lowest it has been… ever!

In the meantime, we finished re-finishing her crib, bought all of the nursery furniture, and made it look all nice and pretty! It feels so good to have this done, and re-finishing her crib was one of the hardest projects I’ve done. I’ve even had a few baby showers, baby E, just so you know, you are loved and have been spoiled by many!

I was feeling pretty good with diabetes and pregnancy until we went in for another growth scan at 31 ½ weeks. The baby was measuring in the 78th percentile, with a round belly (sign of a bigger diabetic baby) and squishy cheeks. She is very healthy and moving like crazy. I was so confused why she was measuring so big. My numbers have never been in better control. I do have an occasional high, and some lows, but I let myself get beat up over it. I was so sad. I literally wanted to burst into tears. I was reassured when my doctor was beaming over my control, my baby, and even commented on how I had the “glow” of pregnancy that most women don’t get. Even though I know I am healthy, and E is healthy, having diabetes is so challenging.

 At 32 weeks I started going in twice a week to have Non-Stress Tests done. Let me tell you, I actually really enjoy doing these. I get hooked up to monitors, get to hear my baby’s heartbeat, measure my fluids and basically fall asleep. For the test, I get to sit in the most comfy chair and get totally pampered, the nurses literally do everything for you. E does not like the monitors. The requirements for the test, you have to be there at least 20 minutes, get a base heart rate for the baby, then have 2 increases for 15 seconds, being 15 beats faster than the base. The first few times I did this, she did everything she needed to do in 15 minutes. It was great, I spent more time in the parking lot than getting tested. The 4th time I did this, it almost took an hour. I tried laying flat on by back, rolling on my left side (her least favorite), then on my right side. She must have been sleeping and did not want to wake up. The cute nurse said, “Okay since we haven’t seen an increase, we are going to have to use the noise maker.” To help you envision this, it basically looks like a small flashlight, but at the top where the light would be, it’s flat. Once a button is pushed it vibrates and makes a buzzing noise. E has recently nuzzled herself in my low pelvis with her head backward. So we put the noise thing right there (no this does not harm the baby in any way, but man it feels awkward for the mom!). I felt so bad! It scared her so bad, I thought she was going to leap out of my belly right there! It worked though. Her heart rate increased super fast with many increases for the next couple of minutes. This was at minute 45. In order for me to leave, I had to get her to calm down. It took another 10 minutes for her to calm down and then I could go.  

The truth about how I feel right now… I am so emotional it’s ridiculous. Word to the wise, right now, and until she comes, don’t comment on how pregnant/big I look, how low she’s dropped, and how my feet and belly look big. Yes, all have been said to me as of late. No promises on what will happen to you if you do, but I will cry. Like the ugly cry you hear of pregnant women doing. The only person I allow to say these things without wanting to punch them is Spencer. Only because he loves on the baby and me, and gives the best back rubs ever, and of course he’s my husband so it’s different. These past couple of weeks have been SO hard for me. I don’t feel like myself. I have lost confidence in my body image. None of my clothes fit, except my blessed maternity leggings and dresses. My back aches all of the time, I feel like I am going to throw up more and more, I have to go to the bathroom every 45 minutes to an hour and I can’t tie my shoes like a normal person. Getting out of bed is hilarious! Imagine what a turtle looks like when they roll over on their shell and they get stuck. Well that’s me! I now even let out a big sigh when I get up. Another thing, I feel so hot all of the time. I'm sweating in places I didn't know I could sweat. These past few days of “cooler” weather have been heaven sent, letting me know all is well.


Despite all of the things listed above. I have so much to be grateful for. My little E is healthy and “communicates” often how happy she is by kicking and swimming in my belly. I feel like I know her already and I haven’t even seen her (besides in many ultrasounds) or met her in person. I feel like she is going to be so fun and rambunctious with a good belly laugh like her daddy. I know she has hair, so I can’t wait to put bows in it and do it up all fancy. I am so grateful to have a connection with her already. She knows when I’m having a bad day and when I do, she dances and then always, always gets the hiccups right after. Both put a huge smile on my face. Spencer is getting used to my alien-looking belly, from E’s movements to my literally non-existent belly button. I know he is going to be a good dad! He recently said that he is excited to read to her… when I asked what he wants to read to her, he pointed to his book shelf full of math and coding books (I died!). Baby E you have stolen our hearts and we are over the moon to meet you. 

Because I love these pictures!! Visit michellekevernphoto.com

My cousin did amazing! These were taken at 33 weeks at the Great Salt Lake, at sunrise-









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So