Skip to main content

Shiveley Summer 2016

Hello! Our summer flew by and it's sad that it's over. As I sat down and reflected on what we did and accomplished it put a huge smile on my face. So are you ready?
Our summer started off with a bang. We finished spring semester at school and packed up our entire apartment on Lance Street in Midvale and moved to Salt Lake. We packed my cute little Versa to the max with our clothes, and shoved everything else we owned into a 14ft moving truck (mistake on my part). With the help of our lovely family and friends we had everything moved out of our old place and into our new place within three hours. It was amazing! We love our new apartment! All thanks to our cousins Steven and Emilee for hooking us up! I have had so much fun decorating it and enjoy living so close to everything we love to do. With this move we gained the best neighbors and friends. We have had to learn how to fight the heat, combat spiders and other creepy crawly bugs, and squeeze things into our smaller freezer. We also became more organized... well we shove all of the unfolded clothes, the hubster's books, circuit boards, and other things into our second bedroom. So when I say organized, I mean we just shut the door when we don't want to deal with the mess. We even got to paint our dresser to match our bedroom set.

This is our dresser before

This is after! 

This built in shelf is my favorite!


After our big move, we both were in summer classes. I took on a huge load and worked in the morning and took three online classes. It was actually really hard and I was exhausted all of the time. Spencer took two classes but did mostly research for his thesis.

Spencer started his dream job at L-3. He loves it and this has given him so much experience. We are truly blessed, and are extremely grateful that Spencer can work, doing what he loves all while going to school. Not to brag, but my Spencer is so dedicated and has proven that he can do many things!

We have gone on many hikes, not as many as we wanted to, but five isn't bad right? We wanted to be fit and adventurous. Since we live so close to hiking and mountains we totally took advantage!






We sold my sweet Hot Tamale. My first car that I bought all by myself. Hot Tamale went through a lot with me, tears, laughter, long talks, long trips. It heard me sing terribly, cuss at cars, talk about my frustrations. We didn't think it would sell very fast so we put it up and less than 24 hours later I watched it be driven away by a new owner. Before we sold it, we paid it off and were ready to part. It was so sad. It felt like part of me was gone. Only a few short days later we bought Tosh our Toyota 4Runner. Spencer was all googly eyes for it and would stare at it while eating dinner. This is our baby and I love how much we love this car. It really is a dream. I am lucky and I get to drive it mostly. PS I am getting to be a pro at backing it up and parking it.


We took our new toy on a fun camping trip up to Whitney Reservoir and played with the features of off-roading. It was a gem! Seeing our families faces for the first time with our new car was priceless. We also went camping up at Granite Flatts. Speaking of camping, we now own a tent! It's exciting, maybe one day we will be able to own all needed camping supplies? One day ha ha!


We lost my sweet Grandma Kevern. It was really hard on me and was actually quite emotional over the whole thing. I am extremely grateful that I was able to know her for so long and to know that it is because of her and Grandpa that all of us Kevern's are even here. I think about her on a daily basis and miss her dearly. I am also grateful for my knowledge of eternal families.



Some other things we did... went to a few weddings, including my best friend's, ate out TONS, tried new recipes, saw a few movies, went to the gym, started running (mostly Spencer), Spencer started Pokemon Go, went to the Nitro World Tour, watched dogs, and cats, got put into the Young Women's in my ward, sliced my finger opened, made the decision to try to start our family, started Spencer's 401K, took family pictures, melted away in 100 + degree weather,went to the rodeo, and stayed up late.




We are so sad the summer is over and we created so many memories! We are excited to see what the fall brings and hope it brings just as many good memories!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So