Skip to main content

Personal Thought: A simple prayer answered

I had an experience a few weeks ago that helped me realize the power of prayer. This is kind of personal (not kind of... it is very personal), but I wanted to share it and maybe someone could benefit from it.

For a while I have had abnormal bleeding (for long periods of time), not thinking really anything of it, I ignored it for months actually. At times it would be pretty painful, took some IB Profin, and I ignored it. I was talking to someone who said that with the IUD that I had, that bleeding that bad was not normal. Again, I didn't think anything of it. Spencer and I have been talking about our future family and this came up in conversation. Spencer is not as excited about starting our family this young but I am all over it. I was surprised when he asked me to go get it checked out, because something could be wrong. It took for me to hear him say that to go schedule an appointment. Of course I looked online of what it could possibly be and then I got nervous.

I had been emotional and pretty sick about a month prior to scheduling my appointment. I had a tiny thought that I could be pregnant. Several tests later, and all negative, that thought went away. But as my appointment grew closer, I became more anxious to see what my doctor had to say. The day of my first appointment came, and I am pretty sure I was shaking the whole time. I had explained to my doctor what was going on and why I was there. She came up a few theories but wanted to check things out. She of course had me take another pregnancy test (the real ones, not the ones from Walmart), came back as a solid negative. Trust me I was a bit disappointed but knew it was actually a blessing in disguise. After reviewing some of my symptoms it was time for my exam. Now all of my lady friends know what kind of exam I mean... the most awkward part about being a girl I think. Anyway this might get personal, (sorry) but here goes- my uterus is tilted in an odd way which makes everything really tight, which made this exam quite painful. Finally she got it to tilt the right way, but could not feel my IUD. In fact it took her a minute to find the end of the strings. I instantly prayed real hard that everything would be ok and that I wouldn't cry. After that I was told I should get an ultrasound to make sure that it wasn't embedded into my uterine wall. Again I prayed that I would remain calm. I had all the negative thoughts hit me at once... "Will I have to get surgery?" "Did my body just swallow it up?" "Am I supposed to be in more pain?" "Why I am not pregnant if its not in the right place"? "Will I even be able to have babies?" "What will I tell Spencer?"... Yeah it was rough. I got light headed just thinking about it. I don't even know how I made it home, I don't remember anything, except even with all of my negative thoughts I was surprisingly calm. I knew at that moment I needed to give all of my struggles to my Heavenly Father, and even if it meant that I couldn't have children of my own, that everything would be okay. I was shocked to even let myself say that because it has been my life long dream to give birth to my children.

Fast forward to the next day. I was stressed. I had three bloody noses that day, my blood sugars would were averaging 180-200 mg/dl all day, and of course I cried when came home from work. I was able to schedule an appointment to get an ultrasound but not until that Friday. I had to wait two full days. The unknown was literally making me anxious. Again I prayed that everything would work out as it should, that I would remain calm no matter what the results were, and be brave. I knew I had to tell my family, and it was amazing the amount of support I received and the "good thoughts" and prayers said in my behalf.

Friday finally came. Spencer had arranged with his work to leave and pick me up and come with me to my appointment. I was nervous, and I was told I had to drink 32 oz of water an hour before my appointment. Um that does not work for me, when I get nervous I pee like every 20 minutes. So unfortunately I had to pee right before Spencer came to pick me up. So I was chugging water on the way. We got there and I had said another prayer. Spencer was really calm (luckily!) and gladly came back with me when they called my name. As I laid down on the table I was again blessed with peace, knowing everything would be ok. This was my first ultrasound and I had no idea what to expect. The tech was amazing and could see that I was nervous and was really good at explaining every part she was allowed to. After about 15 seconds of searching I saw my IUD! It was there! It was in the right spot! I am pretty sure I sighed a big sigh of relief at this point. I was also checked for cysts that could have developed on my ovaries, but I was cyst free! (When they were checking for the cysts, it hurt a little bit because they had to push down so hard) I was shaking with relief.

A few days later, my doctor called and said that everything from the ultrasound turned out normal and it is not embedded. We have yet to figure out why I have been bleeding so much, but it may be from the IUD wearing off. I know this may seem like a weird story to share, but it made my testimony of prayer grow ten fold. Our Heavenly Father knows when we ache, we when are nervous, and scared.I felt so much comfort and peace. It was amazing to get an answer so quickly. I hope I didn't offend anyone by posting this. I love the power prayer and I have a huge testimony of prayer! So when in doubt or when a scary thought comes, pray and you will be amazed by the comfort you receive. He hears us and is waiting for us to reach out to him for his help and will give us the answers when we least expect them. I know this to be true.
Go Forth and Do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So