Skip to main content

Lately with the Shiveley's

Friends and family! It has been far too long since I have posted anything on the blog. I have so much to tell you and update you on. I do apologize, but give me some slack, I was planning a wedding while working a full time job and trying to stay updated with all the local gossip and of course stay sane. I hope I can entertain you, so sit back and enjoy what has been going on with the new Shiveley family.

Over the past month much has happened, and honestly it was the fastest month of my life. I will be forever grateful for this month, it taught me many lessons and brought me closer to my family and my new family. Ready for my bullet point list?
-Both Spencer and I were endowed, which was exciting we could be there for each other.
-We had our bridals taken by the talented Lexi Bills up at Tibble Fork Reservoir, with our luck we barely missed the storm. I love all of the pictures and look at them very frequently.
- I was spoiled by my sisters who threw me two wonderful bridal showers. Thank you to everyone who came and supported Spencer and I. We received great gifts and appreciate everything.
- We moved our things into our tiny apartment. We hardly spent any time there, it was just a place where we dropped off our things from the showers and some other things off so it wouldn't crowd up our parents houses. We had to grow up really fast that day and start paying bills. Ahh it's crazy. We set up our Internet as well... let's just say, I really hate Internet companies. Being on hold for more than an hour and still not getting a very good answer, is well.., I'll let you use your imagination.
- We went to our friend Cody and Erin Bowman's wedding, made us get excited for our own wedding. On this day we celebrated our two years since our very first date. Looking back we have been through so much and I am very grateful that my man had the courage to ask me out. What seems like years ago, has led us to a future to where we can start our own family.
- Although we only really saw each other on the weekends, it was still really hard to go that long in between seeing each other. As our wedding approached we both became excited and nervous.
-I tried on my wedding dress probably everyday until I got married, I know I am weird, but I love love love my dress!
-Spencer had an interview for an awesome internship, and has one coming up soon!We are crossing our fingers he gets one!
-I have been working at Health Equity for the past few months, however I just started a new job a few days after our honeymoon. I will now be working as part of a Tissue Team in the Prostate Cancer department, helping with testing. I am pretty excited to be working at Myriad, but will miss my job at Health Equity.
-My twin Kelsey threw me a very fun bachelorette party! My bestest friend Cierra Larsen came from Colorado to help me celebrate. My other friends, Tiffany Bond, Cierra Bell, Mckenna Bell, and Emily Petersen came as well. Not to mention my cute lil sis! We had lots of fun at The Cheesecake Factory. I laughed hard and it really did help me calm down before my big day.
-On October 9, 2014 was such a great day. I slept (surprisingly) and my sisters and best friend Cierra helped me get ready for the day. Lots of make-up and curls and hairspray later, I was ready. It has been a tradition to open up our time capsule the morning we get married. So I had fun reminiscing through old items. After that I had to force food down before I went to the Salt Lake Temple.


- While waiting in the Temple with my soon-to-be husband was the best. We talked for a while before they came and got us. Our actual sealing was pretty short, I am embarrassed to admit that I was shaking the whole time. It was good to see my now husband kneeling across the alter and take me by hand as his wife. The spirit was there and I could feel the presence of my Grandparents who I longed to be there. We were surrounded by family and our loved ones. I am so grateful for everyone who came. Our day was packed! We went from our sealing, to taking pictures, to our luncheon, to finish setting up our reception, more pictures, and then our reception. What an amazing day!! I will forever remember the day I got sealed to my man!


-Our honeymoon started off great... our flight was delayed. We were in the airport for four hours, but it was nice because we were with each other. We did get a free meal each out of it and $100 each to fly with them again (Pretty lucky right?) Once we landed in San Francisco, we made our way to our hotel, which was not ready. It was fine because we went back into town experienced the vibes of downtown San Fran! We ventured on the BART (San Fran's subway system) and made it to Powell Street. We decided to walk all the way up Powell, which is a very steep hill once you get going. We made it all the way to Fisherman's Wharf, which is about 2 miles up, and we walked back the two miles. We walked back through Little Italy and enjoyed our first meal as husband and wife at a tiny place called, Calzone's, it was d-e-licious! Of course I wore the wrong shoes and got blisters on my feet, it was quite sore by the time we got back to our apartment. 



-We went to Pier 39 and Ghirardelli Square and we splurged and had the best Nob Hill Chill (probably 5,000 calories!)We also visited the De Young Museum, the Golden Gate Bridge (and took the wrong bus which took us two hours to get back to the bridge, we met some very interesting people ha ha), we went to Alcatraz and did lots of sight seeing. It was Fleet Week so there were tons of people everywhere you went downtown. It made for some good people watching. 




It was so foggy at Alcatraz and cold!


-Our apartment, so far #10 has been good to us. Our first morning, Spencer was taking a shower and I was cleaning things up and all of a sudden our smoke detector was going off. At first I didn't know what it was because it was so quiet, then I went in to ask if Spencer could hear it and then of course it went off really loud (sorry neighbors, it was early). Whoever designed our apartment did not do so wisely. There is no fan in our bathroom, so our bathroom filled with steam and the smoke detector is right outside the bathroom. Therefore once the steam hit the smoke detector, it went off. We removed the battery to avoid this in the future. We now have to rely on a window that is placed inside of the shower to get the steam out. Unfortunately this is at an awkward level and we have to be careful so we are not flashing the world. It is our perfect little (and by little I mean 620 sq. ft.!). We finally have the boxes unpacked and still need to get some nails to hang up pictures and things. Our walls are a bit bare, but that's okay. It is our home and we love it. Here is a tour, don't mind the awful picture taking. 
Our front room

Our kitchen table Spence and I painted and got for $40

Our small kitchen, but it has a dishwasher! And tons of storage space!

More of our kitchen, looking the opposite way

Our bathroom (I covered the awkward window)

Our bedroom, still working on decorating
Well everyone, that is about all I have! Thanks for letting me take so much of your time as I update you on what has been going on. Spencer and I love married life and can't wait to see what our future has in store for us. Thank you for all of your support to help us get where we are today. We love you! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So