Skip to main content

Playin Dirty!

Friends! Yet again it has been far too long since I have posted anything, I want to apologize! Summer has begun and there are so many adventures to be had. I wanted to share with you a recent adventure I did that seriously made my summer. Everything else will have big shoes to fill.

Let's rewind a little bit... back in January I made it a goal to have lots of fun this year and do crazy things. I wanted to reach out and do things out of my comfort zone. So what did I do? I googled upcoming events for the 2013 year. This is when I found the Dirty Dash! I really wanted to do it this year, so I asked Spencer if he wanted to do it with me. Of course a few days later we made our team (Dirty Lovers) and registered for the race that would take place on the morning of June 8th. We got a pretty good deal for early bird registration, we only paid $35, what a steal! I then started a count down, it seemed like it took forever to get here! Finally it was time to start "training" and prepare for the mud running! I want you all to know that before this event, I was not a runner and in fact hated running. I would do other things to avoid it and skip out on running. I told myself that I needed to start running to help me have fun during the run. You would never guess, but I actually started to love running and incorporated it into my daily workout. It was so fun, no I wasn't very good, but I still loved it when I did it.

June 8th finally came and my Spencer came to pick me up early in the morning so that we could make it to Midway for our 8:40 heat. We were both super excited and the anticipation for the race was awesome. I knew that he would beat me, ha ha he is way more athletic than I am. For breakfast we had Cliff Bars and of course Sweedish Fish (breakfast of champs right there!) We jammed out to music on the way there and made it just in time for our race. Running up the first muddy hill was awesome, it sure did tire me out though. There were different obstacles we had to do throughout the course. I had quite the headache (probably because I was a little dehydrated) but that didn't stop me from having fun. I love Spencer! He was so patient and motivated me to run even when I was tired. The first muddy pit we had to walk through was way deep (almost got pushed in ha ha) and freeeezing cold, it literally came up to my chest. I felt pretty hot all covered in mud. Spence and I laughed the whole time talking about anything and everything. I knew this was coming, in one obstacle Spence was holding my hand and then he tricked me and started "falling" and of course pulled me down with him. I was brown, my whole body was muddy brown. Thanks darling! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard running or playing in the mud. We also didn't stop at the 3 mile mark, we continued to do the 5 miles. I was so proud when I crossed the finish line, I just completed my first 10K, and with the man I love most. It was way exciting!!!! I would totally do it again. After getting our pictures taken we went to go spray off the extra mud on our bodies. It was so cold! I think they put ice cubes in the hose water! Luckily it was a beautiful day and it was fairly warm. After walking bare foot on the asphalt we held each other as we walked over the pokies back to Spencer's car. Ouch!!

What a fun way to start the summer! I am so happy that I had the opportunity to do it! Later that night, Spence and I went to Zupa's for their yummy salads, then we went to the our first Bee's game together (with matching shirts of course!). Spoiled with jalepeno nachos and mint chocolate chip dip-in-dots, baseball games are the best! After the Bee's killed the Grizzlies, we enjoyed our first firework show together. Today was wonderful! I am so grateful that I was able to spend all day with my man!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So