Skip to main content

I was humbled this weekend

First of all I do want to apologize for not blogging for almost a month. I will make it up to you guys, I have no school for two full weeks! Yes I made it through another semester with a very high GPA and with a scholarship to start my senior year. I have never been so happy! Things are just working out just the way I feel it should! Anyway, this past weekend I have had some amazing experiences that I would love to share with you. I hope I don't offend anyone for being to preachy or anything but seriously when I looked back upon this week, time and time again I was reminded how much influence the Lord has in my life. I am far far from perfect and make mistakes all of the time, but I know that by turning to the Lord with your troubles, he will help you overcome them. If you don't want to read this, I understand, but if you do, I hope it lifts you up in some way or another. Let me explain my weekend.

Friday the sun was shining and I was supposed to take a final. I had studied for hours (literally) and I felt like nothing was sticking in my mind. I knew the information, but it was all a mixed up in my head. I could not focus. I there was one thing I was neglecting to do, that was pray. I had become caught up with other things and had put it off. When I fell to my knees Friday morning I felt my Heavenly Father's arms around me telling me that everything would be ok and my mind was at peace and as I walked up to my class I knew what I needed to do. I got there early and luckily found some of my friends felt the same way. As we reviewed our notes together, I suddenly was lifted up and had the confidence to take my final. Boom! I took it and only questioned myself on a few questions. I was amazed on how much I could remember. Oh I forgot to mention that this final was a comprehensive test with information going back from Fall semester. I walked out of my testing  room with a smile on my face and a huge sense of happiness!

Saturday, what a great day! I woke up early and went to a fitness class, Cardio Ballet, which I love love love! I felt like I wanted to challenge myself and do every routine as hard as I could with all of my effort. Well I did what I thought was not possible. I did a one-handed push-up! Yes it was only one on each side, but I can finally say that I feel extremely blessed to have the ability to have a healthy body and be the best I can be. Later that day, I had the lovely opportunity to host a booth at an Irish Dance competition that was fundraising money for JDRF. Although next to no one came up to the booth to ask questions and take the flyers, I was happy that those who did come up, I was able to answer any questions they had. A little over an hour after I was there I was able to watch this group of girls who raised money for JDRF compete. I have never been to an Irish Dance Competition before this. It was very entertaining. Upon watching, I met three girls on this team who have Type 1 Diabetes. One of which I found out I was her counselor one year at Diabetes Clubhouse (another reason why I know this is where I am supposed to be!). After the girls competed we took some pictures, and they presented me with a check, the girls had raised $530 dollars!!! I was very shocked! I then had the opportunity to help hand out awards for placement. The girl who took first place was recently diagnosed in January and was the cutest girl ever! I was just about to walk over to pick up my things when the mom of the winner came up to me and gave me the biggest hug. As she started talking to me and thanking me for all the efforts I had done to help with JDRF she became super emotional. I hugged her back and empathized with her as I explained I have had diabetes for almost ten years. I hugged her little girl and told her not to give up and let her know that things will get easier. After I had said my good-byes I knew that I was asked to help with this to help that girl and her mom have the confidence to be strong and not give up. I am so incredibly grateful to have been there, just to see the excitement of her face was amazing!

As Sunday rolled around I was pretty tired, but woke up very happy and full of excitement. I was able to go to Heather Higgs farewell, a girl from my home ward. I was very touched by her talk and I know she is going to be a wonderful missionary out there in California. The meeting ended and at first I thought I wanted to come home and take a nap. Then I had a feeling that I should go to my ward and finish church. I was fighting it the whole time. Somehow I made it to my church parking lot and walked (very very late) into Sunday School. I love my ward and instantly felt their love. As we got out and walked to Sacrament meeting I noticed a guy walking by himself and looking a bit lost. I introduced myself and he introduced himself. I had a feeling that I should keep talking to him and invite him to sit next to me during Sacrament meeting. We talked for a minute before it started. I didn't realize how big of an impact I had made in this person's life. I literally had talked to him for just a minute and invited him to sit next to me. During the closing song, he passed me a note that thanked me for helping him feel welcome and letting him sit next to me. I was very humbled when I found out that this was his second week, and the week before he had sat alone. I know that the spirit wanted me to go to my ward today so that I could hep this person. I am so grateful that I listened to the spirit, you never know when you are needed to help be a blessing in someones life.


I am on a spiritual high right now! I know it, I live it, I love it! GO FORTH AND DO!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So