Skip to main content

I know, I know, I know...I'm a slacker!

Friends! I have been pondering what I should blog about! Trust me I know I am such a slacker, it's been over a month since I have posted. So not me! (Really if you understood how crazy my life was you would understand) So there are a few things I think I should talk about! So yes, my famous bullet point list is coming back!

-As many of you know I am a planner. I love the feeling I get when I can make an empty day full and write it down. I am always looking at my day planner, literally more than five times a day, I am such a nerd. I also have a white board calendar in my room that I frequently update. Not that I want to have every day of my life be busy, but, I love doing things, random silly things. I wasn't always like this, it was entering college that made me be like this. However, I have learned many things from my recent "planning obsession". Time is very important and we do not have enough of it. I am constantly reminding myself that I need to make more time to do a few things: read my scriptures, pray, go to the Temple, and serve. If I don't write things down, I know I can use the excuse, "Oh I will do it later.." you all know how that works! I have made it a point to make the extra effort to do the little things first and prioritize my life around the gospel. The more I have done this the happier I am and the other things that I really need to do, such as homework, papers, doing chores, and even making sure my social life is still there. I have noticed that when I start my day off my reading my scriptures and saying my daily prayers, everything else is easy to accomplish. It's really quite amazing! So I am being dead serious, if you don't have time to read your scriptures and pray to Heavenly Father, then you are much busier than God intended you to be.

-Happiness is contagious! I know I mention this a ton, but I mean what I say (don't let this make me sound prideful). I have been granted so many wonderful gifts from God. Many I take for granted, but one that I am extremely grateful for is the gift of happiness. I feel that overall I am optimistic about pretty much everything. I have realized that this has helped me become who I am today. Many people will recognize happiness and in turn I have made others happy. People notice when others are sad, and to be honest, sad people are depressing. Where I work, lots of kind and happy elderly people come to workout. I am always getting compliments on how happy I am and how my smile radiates and is so welcoming. This made me think, my gift I have is not for me (it is but not as much as I thought) as it is for others. You guys, just think, it's like the domino effect, if one person is happy all of the time and spreads that to others, then those people can spread it to there friends and so on. How awesome would that be if everyone could be happy!? So a quote I love saying, "You have no idea how powerful a smile can be!" Let's be happy! You will feel much better, and it takes way less muscles to smile than it does to frown. (I am sure most of you are trying to frown to see if this is actually true, it's harder, just trust me!)

- We are driven to have fun! I am wild and crazy sometimes! My close friends have seen both sides of me. Yes I may be shy and quiet at times, but when my energy is right... I love love love to do new things and have fun. I am constantly trying to find new twists to make my life interesting, it's great! Life is so full of colorful, wild things, I hope you remember to take advantages and learn to live your life to its' fullest with no regrets! I hate to use this saying but it speaks the truth... YOLO!

-The sun is hot and so are we! You guys my dad was diagnosed with skin cancer back in 2010. Ever since then, I have been very careful about how and what I do in the sun. For a group project for my Health Communication class I designed another blog specially for skin cancer. I am inviting you all to go to this page and read for yourself how it has effected my family. There are many different tabs on skin cancer, I sure hope you enjoy, there is even a spot to leave comments, if you would like. It's called Sunscreen Up... page URL: http://sunscreenup.blogspot.com/

-To love and to be loved in return is a sweet thing. I have many people in my life who I am spoiled with love, My family (intermediate and extended), my friends, Spencer, co-workers, strangers... there is a lot of people! I know that without their love I would be so lost and not that happy. So I can only hope that I give them as much love as they have given and continue to give me. I sure a one lucky girl!

I know that this one was a bit random, but usually my posts are . Sooo Next one will be soon, because it is Spring Break and I have so many other things to catch you up on! So until then, remember friends, to GO FORTH AND DO!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So