Skip to main content

Christmas break and such!

Friends, family, and bloggers! I know I am late but I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! So many things have happened and if you know me, I am going to do my famous bullet point list! Lately I have been in the best mood and I can't help but let others see it, there isn't just one reason why I am happy, there are LOTS!! Ok... here goes.....

-School ended and finals came and went. I was very relieved when I no longer had to worry about this semester. It wasn't hard but it sure seemed long. I studied and studied for all of my finals and it sure paid off. I was able to get an A in three of my classes and a almost a A- but it was a B+ in my other class. I am very happy! Woot Woot! I can finally say I have four semesters left until I am able to get my Bachelors and about three and a half until I can become CHES certified, how awesome is that? As I look back, I know that things are happening the way they are because this is where I am meant to be! Here's to being a Health Educator!


-Gingerbread houses!! Spencer and I made a great house! It even had a marshmallow wall to "bounce" off of. I love this tradition and everyone gets so creative!


-My family, boy do I love them! We were able to take family pictures, all 12 of us! It has been a while since all of us have been able to take a family picture. Even though it was snowing really hard, they turned out wonderful, we had them taken at Wheeler Farm! Steph's friend Keaton did a wonderful job, Thank you!



-This is the month full of parties! On Dec. 13th, I had the opportunity to go to two! After opening at work I came home and had to get ready for my work party. I wanted to make Churro Chex Mix... Well after one time of burning the chocolate, the second time was much better! It turned out very delicious. The theme of the party was "Ugly Sweater" well.... I got the "ugly" award and best non dessert award. I never win anything, well until now I guess. I love my job and I am so grateful for ALL of my co-workers, my frontdesk friends are the absolute best! Later that night I went to my ward's Christmas party. It was a service aution and both my ward and the Crescent View YSA ward were trying to raise money to give two families a Christmas to remember. I was very shocked on how giving young singles were willing to give, even though most of us do not have a lot to begin with. I auctioned off a ice cream date/hang out thing, and that alone sold for $55. By the end of our two hour service, we had raised over $2000. These two families are so lucky and hopefully they will always remember it. I know that this was very eye opening to me and very humbling. Christ does exist and I hope that these families will feel his love throughout the rest of the year!


-Later that week I went ugly sweater bowling... yeah I found out that I am not that great at bowling! That's ok, I had a ton of fun, and most of my co-workers were there!! I even rocked the ugly sweater/vest/turtle neck and ugly socks. Ha it was hiliarous the kinds of looks I was getting.


-I had a dentist appointment... and after (well almost) 21 years of living, I still do not have a cavity. This is quite the accomplishment ha hopefully is lasts! Can you believe it has already been a year since I had my final surgery on my teeth? Wow I still am amazed on how great they look and how they make me feel. There is a constant smile upon my face and I love it! This past year went by super fast! I remember when they were putting my teeth in (it hurt like crazy but so worth it) my dentist was singing "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" Boy was he right and yes it was exactly what I wanted!

-I went to the Zoo Lights with Spencer and his family, it was a lot of fun, however, it was FREEZING cold. It was cool to see the lights with the animals!

-I was finally able to go up snowboarding. I went with Spence up to Brighton. I was nervous, but so excited. It had been a whole year since I had gone. This year I had my own gear and was ready to really learn how to board. My first run I was a little rusty and fell a lot. I kept wanting to go, so over and over I fell and fell but each time I got up, it felt better! I almost had a heart attack thought. I just bought myself a new phone and realized I had lost it. A sheet of panic came over me, not only was it brand new, but it was white and blended in the snow. After saying many prayers and asking the life people if they had found it, Spence and I went inside and found it. It was such a miracle. I made sure that the pocket I put it in was secure. I don't remember which run it was, but I fell pretty hard and rolled over a few times. It hurt. Not going to lie I was in a lot of pain- I even hurt my knee pretty bad. I wasn't going to let that stop me though. By the end of the day most of my body was sore, but it was a beautiful day and so worth it. I am so happy that we went, I had the best time ever. Later that day I had to hurry and take a shower and get ready because Spence and I were going out to dinner. My body was sore! Ha I had to ice my knee, as I was blow-drying my hair, I did so on one leg and in a good amount of time. Sometimes I have to laugh at what I do.

-I survived "The END of the world" ha ha for all of those who thought it was supposed to end, you should probably read your scriptures more and follow the Prophet!!

-The Saturday before Christmas, and after opening at work, my mom and I were given tickets to The Forgotten Carols by my "second parents". I was so stoked to go! I love love love this show. I sang along to each song and totally forgot I had sore muscles. I decided my mom and I need to have more mommy and daughter dates. I love my mom!

-Christmas... Wow it sure did come by fast this year. I am so grateful that I was able to spend it with my family. They make everything seem better. On Christmas Eve, Kels and I endured a trip to Walmart and the Mall.... WOW! I swear because of that experience I will never ever go shopping on that day again. It was pure craziness! Later that night I was blessed to spend it all with my mom's side of the family. We had delicious soup, salad, and rolls. Our dessert was awesome (peppermint ice cream and Brownies!) We even got my sweet grandma to play games with us, she is a pro UNO player... thanks Donald for switching me hands so that I only had draw two's to play on G-Ma! I love Christmastime and the closeness it brings to everyone. The spirit is so strong and I love to just be in the midst of everything. On Christmas Day we did things a little different. We had a delicious breakfast made by my mom and dad and then we just relaxed. My family then went up to my Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Roger's house and had lots of fun! We practically finished a puzzle and had THE best dinner ever (Aug rotten potatoes, cinnamon glazed ham, rolls, and steamed carrots, and corn!!!) I was very full when I finished. After Chris got off work my family opened our gifts. It was awesome! Later that evening we all went over to my Grandma and Grandpa Kevern's. I love them so so much! Needless to say, this was pretty much the best Christmas my family has had in a long time!
Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So