Skip to main content

Quite the calling

Friends, I have much to tell you, and I am so happy to tell you about it all! I always have the hardest time on where to begin... so I will start with my famous bullet point list of things that have recently happened to me.
-After waking up at 4:30am every morning to get up and get ready to catch an early 6:03 train for 12 weeks for my summer semester, I survived and made it through! Pages upon pages of stats notes... for the record I don't think I will miss this class. Hours spent reading books, and watching and re-watching powerpoints for my health classes... needless to say it was a fun semester, I am glad I did it! I learned lots of things and I pushed myself to the limit, but I can officially say I survived summer semester. I made lots of friends, and am so grateful. So now that I am done... what should I do? I have two weeks of summer.... HECK YES! Two weeks of staying up past 9pm and sleeping in! I am super excited to enjoy these few summer days and do whatever I want, without studying for my next class. I have no idea what I am going to do, but I know that it will be fun, and totally worth it. I get to squeeze everything in two weeks that everyone has had three months to do, yes it seems very impossible, but I am going to make it work. Now I won't be doing any fun trips, but I will make everything worth my time! If I can stay up until 1 am at least one day (not including weekends) I will be completely satisfied!
-Mini golfing adventure.... I was able to go mini golfing with my friend Channing in Orem. I had lots of fun and even got lucky and made a hole-in-one... I am very proud of myself! He did great too, probably ten times better than I did, but for the record, we didn't keep score, which made it way fun. Can you become a professional mini-golfer? I think that would be a fun career! Ha, if you know me, I cannot swing a golf club if my life depended on it. It seems physically impossible and one day, one day I will learn! So for now, I will stick with mini- golfing, there is not much too it, and I think I have the "putter" swing down. It was a very fun filled night!
-Bees game with the boys! Last Saturday night I had a wonderful time and went to a bees game with a few of my friends. I haven't been to a Bees game in a while, so I really was excited. We got general admission tickets, and thanks for being students, we all got discounts! It was pretty warm when we first got there but it cooled down fast and was a very pleasant evening. I don't really remember much of the game because we were having too much fun with laughing and making fun of other people. Woot woot! I love these kind of nights with my friends!

-Sometimes I get in these random moods and break into a little dance. I must admit that it is a little embarrassing when I find people looking at me, but hey life is short and you only live once! Even though people might be judging me, I don't care! At least I am having fun ha ha!
-OPERATION SEXY AND I KNOW IT update.... People I am getting muscles! I am not just saying this, I feel so good and I hope I can keep up all the hard work. Just testing my muscles, I was challenged to arm wrestle a boy who is pretty strong in the first place, I almost won. It was close, and we both were shaking, now I don't know if he was really trying, but hey I almost beat a boy. I don't really believe in "diets", I know, that sounds weird considering my major, but I believe that just watching what you eat and the proportion sizes is really what counts! I have tried this, and ta-da, I now have to wear a belt with every single pair of my pants and shorts! I feel so awesome! My twin Kelsey has said that she wants to start training for a marathon after she has her baby, maybe, I could do it with her too!
-There have been many things in my life in which I do not really understand why they happen to me, or even at the time that they occur. Life is a big mystery, but I enjoy enduring every day to figure out the reason why things have turned out the way they do. Now you are probably wondering why I am saying this in the middle of my blog. Well... something wonderful has happened to me and all ready I have seen the blessings in my life! A few Sundays ago, I was working in the morning and could only make it to sacrament meeting. I had a feeling that I needed to hurry and make it early. So following that prompting I had no idea what was in store for me. All pink cheeked and sweaty from hurrying, my Bishop caught me and called me into his office. He then preceded to tell me what a wonderful job I had done on the Friendship Council for the last year and a half and how the spirit is just glowing around me. He then extended me a new calling, a calling which I had no idea I even qualified for. I was extended the calling of 2nd counselor in my ward's Relief Society Presidency. I was so humbled and became so excited but very nervous for what I was about to agree to. Now I don't know why I was put in this calling, and at this time, but I know that when I agreed to it the spirit engulfed every space in my body. Five minutes later I was sustained, oh my goodness! The following Thursday I had my first meeting, and my first time going out on visits. I know that somehow through me other people will be able to feel the spirit and I hope that it can comfort them as much as is has me. I love the gospel, and through this calling I hope to become even closer to the Lord and rely on Him to help me through my every day challenges. Anyway... here's too more adventures!

-Everyone knows I hate...HATE spiders ha ha well one night I come home and I always go to my room after I come home, and I find a lovely picture of a spider hanging on my bathroom door. I had to start laughing because first it scared me, and second, it was a cartoon character with the song "Itsy bitsy spider" on the back of it. Ha my family sure does make me laugh and I guess tease me of my fears!

Well I think that I have rambled on and on for a little more than I was hoping... I could share more, but I think I will save that for another blog post. I love life and I am so happy right now! Everything is working out great and friends remember... GO FORTH AND DO!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So