Skip to main content

Another one down!

Friends! I have to admit that June has been one crazy month! Almost everyday packed with something, from school to weddings! I have loved being so busy, it makes time go by fast and I sure have enjoyed learning to manage my time wisely so that everything can get done. Like always, many things have happened, and I could not more grateful for how everything has ended! Heavenly Father has been a huge help with so many things, and I have seen his hand in my life these past few weeks. I love that I have My Savior to help guide me in the right direction to do the right things. Little by little I have been having my prayers answered, although it has been a long time coming, I now understand why I have had to go through the things I have gone through. The last few weeks my eyes have been opened and I now just have to laugh about how impatient I was. I would love to share, but they are personal, just know to never give up hope and that everything will turn out the way it is supposed to, eventually. You are never alone and when you feel like this, fall to your knees and ask for comfort, you will feel something.
Anyway... here is what has been going on lately...
Yes, I am single, and I love it, really, it has been fun! I have enjoyed the dates I have gone on, and recently, the past few have been super fun! I know that there is someone out there for me, and I know the guy who will sweep me off my feet will come out of the blue, and I will really know why I had to wait so long to find him!
Ha ha I know that was random but on Thursday, June 28, 2012, my beautiful sister Courtney and my new brother-in-law were married for time and all eternity. They are so perfect for each other and finally they were able to become an eternal family. Everything just fell into place for them, from the temple ceremony to the house they just got. They have set a huge example to me and for when I find my eternal spouse. They got married in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple at 11 am, although it was windy and super hot, it was beauiful!
If anyone has been married you know what I mean by the day was packed full of adventures. We got to sleep in a little bit, then Kelsey and I had the wonderful opportunity to help Court get ready. I did her hair, and Kels did her make-up. We tried to keep it simple, because Courtne is a natural beauty. Oh boy when she was done, she looked even prettier! She was quiet, but very excited to marry Nick. After the ceremony, all of her worries went away as she planted a big kiss on Nick's lips!
Right after the temple ceremony it was time for the luncheon. It was delicious! It was great seeing our family come together to celebrate this wonderful day. After running to Wal-Mart, it was suddenly time to go set up for the reception. Not having any time to fix my hair or anything else for that matter, I don't think I have ever seen such a big thing be put together so fast with so many hands. The reception was at Wheeler Farm and it was super cute! I loved everyminute of it! With black, pastel yellow, orange, and ivory, I have never seen such a cute wedding! Sunflowers, burlap, cowboy boots, daisies, popcorn and lots of it, and so so many family and friends. Everything went beautifully! It was perfect and even though it was extremely hot, my family is lucky to say that we have another boy in the family! I can't wait for my big day! Anyway... Nick and Courtney congrats! And enjoy your fun, new adventure!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So