Skip to main content

Hey so... yeah!

Well... I SURVIVED SPRING SEMESTER! I am so thrilled I get a break from school, although it is very short this year, it is much needed! I will be taking summer classes this year, only part time, but hopefully I will have enough spirit to do it!
Ha I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I was to take my last final. It was for my hardest class, and I have never studied so hard in my life. For this test a lone I studied for hours upon hours upon hours. I had three other tests to take, and somehow, I studied more for physiology than all of my other classes combined. I was bound and determined to pass this test. I get to the room all shaky and stuff, I just wanted to get it done. I sat next to my cousin Skylar and for some reason that made me feel better about taking the test. The test... So I have Type 1 Diabetes, and Celiac Disease, I normally get flustered that I have both, and wonder how in the world I survive sometimes, but on this test, there were questions that brought up both. I felt fortunate that I had a background on them and how grateful I was to have them at that moment, considering that the question on Celiac Disease took up a page and a half. I knew that answers and had full confidence to answer what I knew about them. I finished my test with ten minutes to spare, walked up to the front of the room, and have never felt so proud to be done with it. This class pushed me to another level, and I feel like a bigger person for finishing it! Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!
Anyway I hate to boast about how I conquered the class... onto what I did this weekend!

On Friday, it was a relaxing kind of day! I had the pleasure to go to the temple again, and this time with lots of questions in mind. I am so grateful to have the spirit so close to me, and the answers that I received. I know that when I go to the temple that it is a special place and that there is no other place like it. Every time I go there I leave with a big smile, letting no evil spirit come close to me! I want you all to know that I cannot wait to go through the temple to get my endowments taken out and be sealed. I don't know when that will be but, whenever it is, I am super excited!

My mom had the day off from school, so this means that we got to watch Brooklynn. She is so cute and her happiness is contagious, she brings such joy to our lives. We went to some grocery stores, and craft stores, she was such a trooper and with her awful cold, she still had a smile on her face. She loves to try on my shoes, and especially my high heels. She got my old green ones (she called them high boots) and to my surprise, she could actually walk in them pretty well.

My Craft project of the week! Ha ha this last little bit I have really gotten into doing crafts. This week I made one for my mom and her kitchen. I got a "K" and decorated it with paper and embellishments. Oh my goodness I am jealous that it turned out so cute! We had fun trying to figure out where to put it! I hope it is something she can keep for a while, and that remember the fun times we had picking out paper and picking out the final spot for it. It's amazing what a little scrapbook paper, modge podge, stamp pads, ribbon, and brads can do! Needless to say, I love crafting!

Random thought... my brain food right now is HOT TAMALES, without these I could not function and they saved me during finals week!

On Saturday, I hung out with my mom! It was so fun! We wandered down to Gordmans out in South Jordan. Oh boy! We had the intention to look at clothes... we got distracted for a hour and a half looking at wall art. Well we, after  a very long time, picked out new wall art for our bare kitchen wall! Happy Mother's Day! It looks absolutely beautiful! I love it and so does my mom! I found it funny that this little decision for some was such a big one for my mom! She was so excited, if any of you know my mom, she NEVER EVER gets things for herself and her want list keeps growing. This was such a huge step for her! She splurged on herself, and I had to laugh, it took us another half hour to figure out how we wanted to hang it. When my dad got home, we couldn't wait to show him, and as I watched, ha ha it was hung up on our kitchen wall! Little by little my mom will get the kitchen of her dreams! I love my family!
I also helped my little sister make her graduation announcements. Oh my goodness I can't believe that she has less than a month left of high school. I am so proud of her and I love her so much! Orem watch out! She is powerful beyond measure and she will rock UVU's socks! Future culinary chef in the making!






Go Forth and Do!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So