Skip to main content

A much needed FALL BREAK!!

Oh goodness..... I feel like the last little while has been so busy, I am sorry I have not been faithful about keeping up on my blog, so now I will try and catch you up!!!!

You know it is fall when leaves start changing colors (I really want to take a canyon drive to see them... any takers??) and a brisk breeze is in the air. My bedroom is in the basement, and I now have to layer on the blankets and clothes when I go to sleep. Welcome to Utah! Ha but it's ok, I decided I love this time of year for many different reasons and layering up is one of them. I also love cuddling up with my blanket, stick in a chick-flick, and fall asleep, oh so much fun. There is also football, pumpkins everywhere, crisp apples and peaches, and the smell of spices like nutmeg and cinnamon everywhere! (The smell of fall is just so great!) I love to start taking pictures of this time of year with my family because everyone just seems so happy, it's not blazing hot, or wretched cold... it's somewhere in between!
When I was getting ready for my mid-terms this semester, I realized how fast they came and how much studying I needed to do. I have never been so grateful for office hours and study groups, it definitely paid off! I can only hope that when this is all over I can be a bigger person and appreciate learning and apply it to my daily habits. I love learning new things, that is what we are here for... I have to keep reminding myself that, or else we would be nothing. People, its simple, everywhere you go, everything you do, you should learn something new or more in depth, try to look for more opportunities like that and it will help you enjoy what you actually learn. Soon you will be talking about what you learned not even knowing that you remembered that much! Luckily there is a break, for my brain could not take one more hours upon hours of studying at night.

My cute cute niece, Brooklynn, is growing up so fast and is already talking way good. She is fun to be around and makes me want to be a better person, her spirit is so lively and contagious! I love when she comes over to play and run around... screaming at everything and having the time of her life! Here's our little thing... "Toes!" or I pick her up, she puts her head on my shoulder and we spin and scream at the same time! I love this little girl!


I am looking forward for this Fall Break... for many reasons, but the biggest... KELSEY AND CHRIS ARE FINALLY GETTING MARRIED!!! It does seem like just yesterday they got engaged, but it's here! I am sure it will be the cutest wedding and I am so happy for them. Being the Maid of Honor, I was asked to give a speech at their luncheon, and being the cry baby that I am, I cried writing it; so I know I will have to have a tissue in hand while saying it. I love these two so much and am so grateful that they found each other. They have set a great example of how true love is proven and it will all end in a "Happily Ever After"  There's will be just beginning this Saturday as Kelsey gets her endownments taken out, and next week when they are sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. Oh how wonderful their time will be together! I love you Kels and Chris! "Get'r done!"




Trying to multi-task while your brain is going a thousand miles per hour, is pretty tough. This upcoming week I have lots to do, so much for resting on my fall break! One big thing I have to accomplish first is tackling my room... not that's messy but it is very un-organized. Ha I keep finding my closet over flow onto the ground or my bed... oh well I'm a girl and there is nothing you can do about it! While doing that I still need to do a few things before the wedding, and study, yes study for hours and hours for my classes so I don't fall behind. Yippie!! I also get to start looking for places to job shadow so that I can apply to the Radiological Sciences... in January, please keep posted for more details! Trying to still have a life I try and hang out on the weekends, because literally that is all I have time for anymore. I don't know how grad students do it, especially when they have families. Kudos to you!

I do love having girls night and talking with my best friend Cierra. Ha we can talk for hours about pretty much anything. Since we both do dorky things, our span of entertainment is between the two of us is hilarious. Here is a quote that describes us... "You know they're your best friend when you look at each other and laugh out loud at the jokes you told yesterday!"


I do have to apologize about the rambling of this blog... I didn't really think of an outline for this one... I hope you enjoy! I would just like to end with a quote..."If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." Maya Angelou. I really believe that this is true... about anything in life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The journey of my new smile...

I felt like blogging about the journey of getting my new smile. Oh boy! It sure has been a long, painful, and exciting process. In May of  2000 I was riding my bike, like a big girl (I was 8) with a bunch of my siblings and cousins, to my grandma's church (which was just down the street from where she lives. Staying on the side of the road as instructed, there was a man hole cover that was not pushed down all the way. Being toward the back of the bike line I didn't notice that it was up about three or so inches. Everyone else had dodged it and went around it. I, going full speed to keep up went straight over it and flipped over my bike handle bar, bike still in hand I landed on my stomach. I got up, a little dizzy and discombobulated got up thinking that was pretty sweet that I survived that epic crash. I didn't know how bad it was until my sister Kelsey started screaming "Kacey! Kacey! You have blood running down your face!" I immediately put my hand to my face a

10 years going strong!

Friends! I am dedicating this post to my upcoming 10 year Anniversary with Type 1 Diabetes. I would like to share my story, for some it may make you cry, others it will hit home, and for some I know you will read the title and not get what you expected. But please I ask you to read so that you know where I stand. Ten years ago on August 5, 2003 my mom took me to see my Pediatrician. We went in there together and came out with news no one expects to hear. To be honest I thought it was a great way to get out of school, but after I received the news I would have taken school back. We went in not knowing what to expect, however everyone who knew me, knew that I was sick. I was in the 6th grade and lost 20 pounds in a short period of 2 weeks. I was literally a walking skeleton at less than 70 pounds. My cheeks were sunk in, the rose color that was naturally on my skin was gone, and there were dark circles around my eyes. I had no energy at all. To get up to my room (at the time) I had to

19 going on 20!!

Well, I'm super excited to no longer be a "teen"! Even though it's not that old, I feel old! So much has happened in 20 years. A little bit ago I have had the opportunity of where I was all by myself and I was flooded with memories. I have been through a lot but I believe that is was not to torture me, to make me cry or even hurt me. I believe that because of all the things I have gond through, I am the person I am today. I look back at who I was, just a year ago, oh how weak I was, getting hurt by silly things, crying for pointless things, and still... very childish. Although I will always be young at heart, I look at myself now, and see the exact oppostie. I am much stronger than I used to be both physically and mentally. Yes I still cry, but it's different now. I have had to grow up a lot over the last little bit, and I have never been more grateful. Recently I had a conversation with  a really good friend of mine. It made me realize, I'm pretty lucky! So